Friday, November 11, 2005

Cheerleaders Never Die

I come from a successful football school. Our fans always STOOD and cheered for our team. The whole idea of playing is to win, right? Last night, at our first play-off game I was disappointed in our crowd. Sure, we have the few that always yell, but rarely does our entire crowd stay cranked up for the whole game.

At the end of the third quarter, we were trailing 20-17. They were driving and it was a close match. Where do you think our cheerleaders were? Standing at the end TALKING TO ONE ANOTHER!!!!! You know me and my big mouth. The cheerleader sponsor, whose daughter is also a cheerleader, was sitting just feet from me. I said "Come on, cheerleaders! Do something!" I was so angry! Our fans were just sitting there and the girls were talking about whose butt looked good in their uniform. When people walked by and asked how I was doing, I said that our cheerleaders needed to learn when our team needed support the most, and at least TRY to get our fans involved. Eventually, I stood up, turned around, and yelled at the crowd to stand up and support our team. I seem to be the biggest cheerleader they have. I support and nurture before, during, and after the games.

I told my husband he better be glad he doesn't see me during a game. If you don't know me, you might think I was drunk or high!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You never said whether they won or lost!
And, I've seen you during a football game... you ARE crazy!
Good for you for standing up for your team!

Amanda said...

We did win, 24-20. We play again this Thursday in Tyler at Rose Stadium against Lone Oak.

Michelle said...

YEAH!!
I didn't get to see the paper that day.
So, now you have to drive to Tyler? Ugh.