Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Three Stories and an Observation

It is amazing how quickly time goes by. One day you are hoping for an event to hurry and arrive and the next day you realized that is gone and another year has passed.

It has now been a year since I found out I was pregnant with my third child. In another week, that child will be 4 months old. I can hardly believe it! I have gotten into a routine with three kids, but still can't manage to get everything done. I am doing good to keep the bottles and dishes washed and enough clean clothes for everyone to wear. Forget keeping toys picked up. Just last night I was thinking....."There are two that can mess up faster than I can get it cleaned up. FORGET IT!" I am happy to have a hot meal and clean clothes. Even if it does mean that I have to wash clothes every day.

I have now managed to get my kids ready for bed by 8:00. Getting them to stay in bed some nights is a little tougher. Last night was one of those nights. Layne (the middle child) is the most hard-headed child you will ever meet. I dread his school days! If we put him back in the bed once, we must have done it a thousand times. If he stayed in bed, we could hear him playing with Reid. We have to laugh until it is just too much and an hour has passed and they are both still awake. Most nights it gets to the point where Layne has to get spanked before he will lay down. He doesn't cry when he gets spanked (again...that tells you how hard-headed he is!).

I am most proud of myself for this.....

While they are playing in the tub, I pick up all the toys. This way I can get them all picked up and no one can pull them out while I am working so diligently. To most this would be an obvious thing to do. However, I have to time it just right to where the baby doesn't need me during that time.

I get most upset about this.....

I get the kids in bed, get ALL the dishes washed, and THE COACH gets home. Well...everyone has to have dinner, including him and I end up having to clean the kitchen AGAIN. Women joke about training men. I have come to the conclusion if you marry a man after 30 years of age, his mother has done too much damage and he cannot be changed. Henceforth, my husband will never be able to put ONE BOWL and ONE SPOON in the dishwasher.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I don't think it's necessarily the fact that his mother ruined him after he was thirty. It has everything to do with when they were teens. My husband can get a bowl and a spoon into the sink, but that's as far as it goes, because she always just asked them to just get that far. Even though they always had a dishwasher, too.

You are still my hero for having three boys. I'm not there yet.