Friday, July 24, 2009

She's Gone

I spent 5 days away from home again this last week. Some friends from high school and I got together in Hot Springs over the weekend. It was great to see them and to think about old times.

Sunday, I made my way back to Texas. I arrived back to my casa, washed a load of my clothes, repacked and drove to Garrison. The boys spent the weekend there. Ritchie left at 7:00 Sunday morning and we were having a time thinking about what to do with them, so they stayed at Suzy's for the weekend. No point in us staying here without daddy, so I stayed in Garrison until Wednesday with the boys. Got to see Krista and Colleen and her sweet baby, Pepper. Went swimming and had a little birthday shopping trip with Landon. Heath and Chelsey went with us. It is always fun to be with them.

On the way back to Suzy's from the shopping trip, a pack of wild hogs ran across the driveway in front of my car. It scared me half to death! There were at least 12 or 15 of them. Earlier that day, a bobcat ran in front of Suzy's car on the driveway. I had walked down her mile long driveway for exercise on Monday. After all that, I decided I could wait until I got back home to exercise.

Wednesday evening, Ritchie's sister and brother-in-law came in to camp out at Bob Sandlin. Diane and I did a little shopping yesterday, had lunch, and we made dinner for them last night. We will be going to the campground tonight to have burgers with them.

On Monday, I will leave again. This time I am going with a group of teachers to a Reading First Institute to be held at the Gaylord Texan. I will return on Wednesday. I need to be doing laundry so I can be gone again.

No comments: