That is exactly what the dentist said to me yesterday when I took Layne in to have his "disappearing tooth" checked. He is going to have to have the tooth extracted. He is still too little to be put under. What will they do, you ask? Take a guess...we have to help hold him down while they pull the damaged root out. Sounds like fun, huh?
I have thought a lot about what he said. There are lots of things that we do as moms that are hard. Many of them I have not yet experienced. I can only imagine what it will be like to let some other girl take my boys and take care of them. Will I ever think they do as good a job as I did? As a mom, it'll be hard.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe a doctor would tell you that! You'll have to tell me who this person is so that I can remember not to take my child there! :P
what is a disappearing tooth?
(yes, i am spying on your blog even though i don't know you except that you are one of the other amandas.)
When his tooth broke through it looked like it was chipped. Well...the more it was supposed to come in, the more it disappeared. It was chalky or something. Those tooth buds develop in the womb. When it developed, it was damaged in some way. Maybe due to a fever or something that was wrong with me(I did have the stomach virus three times when I was pregnant with him). Eventually, there was nothing there. You can see there was a tooth there. It is now brown with a brown spot in the middle, which I found out is exposed nerves.
Post a Comment