One of my very favorite things to do as a mom is to plan my kid's birthday parties. I knew everyone thought their own birthday was a special day, but you don't know how great a birthday can be until you are a mom. It brings an entirely new spin to the meaning of "BIRTH DAY".
My firstborn child is about to be 3 years old. I am having a great time planning this party. This is the first year he has picked out his own theme. I thought he would change his mind every day. So, everyday for the last three weeks I have asked him what kind of birthday cake he wanted. Every time he answers "firetruck". You would think this would be easy to find. I decided to try on-line this morning to see prices and to see if I could find anything. Almost immediately I found a fireman themed set. It is a discount party place on-line and I will be paying less than half of what I would pay at one of the party places in Nacogdoches. I love a great deal! So, I am getting everything, including balloons, tablecloth, and dinner and dessert plates with his theme. The only thing I have to get is cups and forks.
Reid has requested three things for this party--firetruck cake, candles, and balloons. It is funny how one year you pick out everything and they don't know it is really their birthday and the next they are picking out what they want to do. It seems like it changes overnight. Michelle knows exactly what I am talking about. The parties are a headache to get ready for the morning of. Running around making sure you have everything, getting your kid(s) ready for the party, etc. When the party starts, it makes for a great time and a great celebration of the life you and your husband created. I am just as excited about Reid's party as he is!
Monday, May 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've been meaning to email you... I wanted you to know that Jonathan and I were so proud of Reid at Micheal's party! He was sooo well behaved! He just sat there and let Micheal open all his presents without trying to get them himself. We talked about how bad we felt that we didn't just let him open one and keep it, since my son would have NEVER known the difference! These are the things you learn as the little ones get older...
Can't wait for the firetruck party!
so how was the party?? Did he get any gifts that have been "lost"? :) Did anyone get sick in the pool? Huhuhuhuh?? sorry....I had sugar late at night and I was just being pestering! :)
Post a Comment