This is the story of our family. Sit back, read, and enjoy the ride!
Thursday, April 20, 2006
School Schedules
I think we need to redo our school calendars. The state expects us to teach so the kids can pass the TAKS. Why don't we end school when TAKS is over! This way we could really have three months vacation.
But then I would have no incentives for the freshman and sophomores! Juniors incentive is to pass so they can graduate, but not for the rest. So, I tell them that if they pass the test, they don't have to take my final exam, which they know is going to be a killer. Plus, some things are not tested on the test, but are part of my TEKS. Sorry, I know you wanted support, and I agree for lower grades, but not upper.
1 comment:
But then I would have no incentives for the freshman and sophomores!
Juniors incentive is to pass so they can graduate, but not for the rest. So, I tell them that if they pass the test, they don't have to take my final exam, which they know is going to be a killer.
Plus, some things are not tested on the test, but are part of my TEKS.
Sorry, I know you wanted support, and I agree for lower grades, but not upper.
Post a Comment