So I am back at school after a week of spring break--on Tuesday. I had to stay home on the first day back after spring break with a sick baby. At first I thought how miserable Landon felt and how miserable I felt having no sleep TRYING to comfort him (with Daddy gone for two nights and two whole days to regional track). Then the more the weekend rolled on the more I knew I would have to take a day off to get him to the doctor and the guilt settled in. I should not feel guilty. My children come first. But I couldn't help it. It was not like I was taking a day off to sit on the couch or shop. I had to take my angel to the doctor.
By the way...bad infections in both ears. I knew it Saturday when he started pulling at both ears it would not be good. Last night was the first night he has slept through the night since last Wednesday. It wasn't too bad on Friday so I thought I could medicate him myself. By Saturday it was too late and the doctor wasn't in.
In my experience, your children almost always get sick on Friday. Reid always did. On Layne's first birthday (it was a Friday before the party on Saturday) he woke up at 1:00 in the morning screaming. My mom and I took turns trying to soothe him, but nothing worked. I did actually manage to get him into a doctor that Saturday morning at 11:00, just as the party was starting. Yep...ear infection.
Landon is feeling much better and eating again. I am so glad we are on the road to recovery!
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment