I am conflicted about how to feel about this situation. I need some help or reassurance. Yesterday when I went through Reid's folder he had a note on his paper that he needed to work a little faster. I can definitely identify with that! Usually I have so many things going in class, sometimes kids just don't work fast enough for my taste.
It was a coloring sheet that he didn't even get halfway finished with. I talked to him about it and he said he couldn't get faster because he didn't want to scribble. I am glad he wants to do well and take his time, but give me a break! Couldn't he work a little faster? I don't want him to be one of those kids that takes him forever to get through with things because he wants everything to be symmetrical (Yes, I am exaggerating a little bit!). I know he is only in Pre-K, but I don't want him to already start thinking every thing has to be perfect.
All I asked him to do was just work a little faster and reassured him that he could do that without scribbling. Do you think I am concerned about nothing? He is only 4 .
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wouldn't worry about it yet... it's only week 3 of school, and it's just that the teacher noticed he needs to start trying a little more. Nothing big.
Just because you're a teacher doesn't mean you need to worry about it, yet. Once he gets older, then you can worry about it.
Post a Comment