Sunday, August 19, 2007

A New School Year

I am overwhelmed to say the least. Every teacher has that feeling the week before school starts. Getting your room ready, things to buy (and supplies to buy if you have kids in school), things to type up, and then the boring in-service admin makes you attend. My stress level has been raised this year. There are so many more things you have to do in a larger district and the majority of it is technology related. I am almost finished with my room. Another hour or two of work on that and I should be done. Then I have to set up my voicemail for the phone in my room, set up my account on the substitute line, do my other trainings on-line, learn how to use the gradebook, and start on my lesson plans (that are all to be done on-line). That is not even all, but there is so much to do, I can't remember it all.

The good news is that I have a great team leader and nice people around me that will really help me out. That is my only comfort right now.

Good luck to all my friends who start working this week! I hope you have a wonderful year and make a life-long impact on each child's life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That definitely sounds overwhelming. I'm glad to hear you have nice people around you. Hope someone there is helping you out as much as you helped me out during my first year!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on Monday..you are going to do great!! Let me know how your first day and Reid's first day of kindergarten goes...I can not believe that he is starting school...it only seems like yesterday when he was born-Les