I am so thankful that today is Friday and school is out!!! My weekend can officially begin!!!
Yesterday was a pretty good day. However, it was Valentine's Day at school. Remember how much you loved Valentine's Day because you couldn't wait to see if someone sent you something or if someone bought you a carnation or what color carnation someone would send you? Let me tell you now....teachers HATE Valentine's Day at school. Even though my kids didn't get deliveries, we had a party. They acted like WILD ANIMALS! There was enough sugar and carbs to make 2,000 diabetics to go into a coma, and that was just in my classroom alone. I was so glad when the day was over.
Every year I usually get only a card for Valentine's Day. I have gotten gifts that really suck in the past. I have never gotten a dozen roses. My husband is great and he loves me tremendously, but he is very disillusioned when it comes to Valentine's Day. He thinks I should either get something on February 14th and February 26th which is my birthday, but not for both. Has he lost his mind? I am not asking for him to spend $75.00 on a florist to deliver me flowers. I have told him every year to go to Wal-Mart or one of the grocery stores and get them CHEAP!!!
So this year he finally did it. When I got home there was a dozen fire and ice roses already in the water with a card and a box of candy and a card from the boys. When I thanked him he said, "Do you know how much they were??? Only $16!!" He was so proud and you know what I said? "See! I have been telling you that every year!"
We ended up having a steak and shrimp dinner made at home. It was delicious!
Now, I am just waiting to see what he has up his sleeve for my birthday. He is already working on it and always comes up with something great. Now that we are in Houston, there is so much more to do that I am sure we will have a great time!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww, he did good! I was taken out to eat at Chili's. And Eric got sick on the way home. How romantic...
Post a Comment