We have had an awesome weekend!
It all started Friday evening. Coach Thompson's daughter, Ashlyn, came over with her little girl, Riley. They played while we grabbed a bite to eat and went to see Paul Blart:Mall Cop. We love Kevin James and had to be one of the first ones to see it.
Saturday we had plans to go to the marriage seminar. As the speaker put it, "When you try to do something for God, the devil gets in the way." I truly believe that, and that is exactly what he tried to do Saturday morning. I was fine when I first woke up, but it wasn't long and my stomach started doing flip-flops. As I was taking a shower, I started feeling even worse. It wasn' t long and I was praying to the porcelan god. I was determined to go to this thing. I sucked it up, finished getting ready, and we headed out. The dinner that was cooking in the church, did not smell appealing at all. I drank some sprite in one of our sessions and by the time dinner rolled around, I was able to eat. I guess good ol' satan figured out it wasn't going to work.
This morning we got up and went to church (still haven't gone to Sunday school there yet, but are making plans to attend). There is no church on Sunday evenings, but there are small group studies. We started one tonight for parents. It is basically family spiritual development. Parents bring their issues they are having with their kids, get advice, and pray together.
I am sooo looking forward to Monday off and a three day week for me!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you had such a good weekend. The marriage seminar sounds great! I think it's so important, especially in today's society, for us Christians to take steps to guard and strengthen our marriages.
Post a Comment