Saturday, January 03, 2009

Routine Routine

We have been off of our usual routine. Everything has been off--sleeping schedules, cleaning, washing. But today is the time to get back on. School starts again on Monday. Now that I have Harlie to add to the mix, it really is like having another baby. Late night potty runs and crying. I have gotten some great advice from Aunt Linda and I think it is doing the trick. I want her to be a dog that you can take anywhere and Aunt Linda is helping me do just that. Today is the first time she hasn't tee-teed or pooed in the house. We have praised like crazy. She is also staying in her crate without crying some. She does when we first put her in, but before long she is asleep. I feel like she is spending a lot of time in there, but it is necessary for her to get trained and it won't last forever. Anyway, I need to get back to the cleaning and washing before my vacation is over. Sigh. And a little tear.

No comments: