Monday, April 11, 2005

Saturday with the Husband

I thought Saturday was going to be a laugh-filled day to be with my husband with no kids around. Boy, was I wrong!

We had only been in Shreveport long enough to drive to the Bass Pro Shop and walk in when already I was irritated. I really don't mind going in there, but Saturday I was not in the mood to stand and wait for the guy to go put together the $55 tackle box that my husband wanted. There were none on the shelf and we had come all that way so we weren't leaving without it. He spent more on that tackle box that I did on the last two pairs of shoes that I bought! I did not gripe about him spending that much. We work hard for our money and he should get something he really wants. He got mad when I scoffed at buying him a $190 rod and reel for father's day. We left the store mad at one another.

Most of the time Ritchie knows exactly where he is going and he drives everywhere we go together. He can't stand for me to drive him around. That is fine with me. HOWEVER, when it comes to driving in Shreveport, I definitely know more about it than he does. I know exactly where to go and where I am at all times. We wasted more time with him having to turn around because he was mad at me and didn't want to ask which lane to get in, etc.

We did our mattress shopping and were finally getting along again, until it was time to go eat. We have a favorite Greek place we like to go to when we are over there together. I had been looking forward to a Greek salad and portobello mushrooms all week! It was shut down for renovations! There is a brand-new Macaroni Grill that we decided to try next. We got ourselves all primed and ready for some great Italian food. An hour wait! We ended up eating Mexican food. On The Border was the only place that didn't have a crowd of people waiting outside.

I think next time I go, I will take a friend!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry your trip didn't go as well as you wanted! If you're looking for volunteers for the next trip, sign me up! :)

Melinda said...

I so called that comment!! :) Hi Amanda...welcome to the blogging community!!!

Melinda said...

Hey Amanda...are you ever coming back??? :) we miss you!