Spring is here! There are good points and bad points. I love the warmer weather and the sunshine. Baseball games are great. The realization that school will be out soon has hit. It has hit not only the teachers, but the students as well. Most of the people reading this are teachers. You can understand where I am coming from on this.
The kids have a complete turn around. They act like you haven't taught them a thing all year. They forget daily routines. I realize they are tired of school and probably of me. For a teacher's patience and mental health this is not the time to be that way. Why, you ask? Four letters:
TAKS.
Our school still has 2 and a half weeks until spring break. Although it has been a long time since winter break (or so it seems that way), after spring break will bring four weeks of school. That will be a very busy time. Field Day and field trips. I am looking forward to the month of May. I may take that back when it hits. I may wish I had one of those portable bottles with the fan to keep myself cool through the summer and the end of this pregnancy.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Be thankful that you don't have high school kids that are out 3 or 4 days this week and last week, and then that bad "P" word in ten days... but then I look at other teaching jobs and think that it could be worse!
Post a Comment