I am back! Summer vacation is over. Today is our first day back to school. Not only is today my first day, but my first baby's day too. He has been about to drive me crazy about coming to school. He has been so excited. I have been excited, but nervous too. I was worried I would break down crying in front of the whole school in the gym when my little baby walked out with his class.
I cried a little in the shower this morning hoping that would get it out of my system. We got ready in record time and made it to the sitter's at 7:15 to drop the other two boys off. When we pulled into her drive Reid says, "Layne, get out. This is where you belong." Poor little brother. Luckily he wasn't paying too much attention to Reid. I would have had a fight on my hands.
We made it to the gym and I got a few pictures of him sitting in his line and one with his teacher. I stood there along with the other parents for a few minutes and soon realized I would have to go so I could get ready for my class. Not to mention if I stood there and looked at my baby much longer sitting in his line with his huge backpack and little red lunchbox I would not be able to hold it in. I told him I had to go and he gave me a big hug and a kiss on the lips. *sniff* My little baby is gone. I now have a big school boy. I took another picture of him leaving the gym with his class. When the principal called out his name I almost lost it again. I made it! NO tears shed!
His lunchtime came and his daddy stopped by my room after checking on him. He wanted to eat lunch with him, but Reid wouldn't let him. Even his daddy said it was weird seeing him at school with the big kids. Of course I had to check on him when I sent my kids to lunch. He was the first at the table. When he saw me he broke out in a big grin, hugged me, and said, "I have missed you all day!" *double sniff* He had eaten EVERY BITE of his lunch and drank all of his capri sun. I did send a snack for this afternoon. Poor starving baby! I can't wait to find out all about his day!
Oh....my day is going good too!
Monday, August 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Two days in... still going well?
I can't believe that little Reid is at school! I have cafeteria duty this week, and I keep seeing all these little Kindergarten kiddos and thinking about Reid at school, and knowing that it's not that far away for Micheal. I'm proud of you for not losing it in front of all your kids and his class, too. :)
Have a great rest of the week!
Two days down and things are still rolling good for both of us. Reid is eating from the cafeteria for the first time today. I hope he didn't drop his tray!
Post a Comment