So, yesterday my car was broken into in the Target parking lot. It was daylight.
I had been in the store about 10 minutes when they came over the loudspeaker and described my car and asked the owner to come to guest services. My only thought was that someone had hit my parked car. Instead they told me that someone broke into my car and stole the DVD player. Sure enough. They stuck a screwdriver (or something close to it) into the driver door lock and popped it open. While the alarm was going off and he was quickly going through all of my belongings (glove compartment included), a lady in the lot saw him jerk "something" from the roof. She immediately ran to the store and grabbed the first person she could find which happened to be a cart guy. They both ran back to my car and saw him drive off. They got a description of the car, but no license plate number. She did see, however, that it was a white or hispanic male.
He took the DVD player, the remote, and a card that I had ready to mail to Traci Stokes. I assume that he thinks there was money or a gift card in it. I am sure he wasn't on his way to the post office with it. Guess he was surprised when he found only pictures.
I feel very violated, but also feel very lucky. It could have been worse. I could have been car-jacked or my HOUSE could have been broken into. Now I am ready to get the thing replaced so I no longer have a gaping hole in my car.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so scary! Someone would have to be really desperate to break into your car in broad daylight! WILD!!
wow!!!
That really sucks!!!
I can not believe that they broke into your car in the middle of the day....what a crazy person. Can anything else happen to you?-Les
Post a Comment