Last night I had the privilege of taking home a dog. He is an eight year old something. The former owner says he is a bulldog. We think he has boxer in him. He weighs about a hundred pounds and one of the sweetest dogs you will ever meet. He was completely gray around his mouth and hardly has any teeth left. The best thing about him is his name-Sambo.
The man who used to have him brought him to the school to see if anyone wanted him. He has been floating around among various people at the school. I thought what better way to see if we really wanted him than to just take him home for one night. Kind of like a test drive.
He didn't make a peep all night. I can tell that his owner spoiled him rotten. He wouldn't get in the back of the tahoe, but chose to ride up front. When I got off the couch, guess whose spot he took? He stayed on a blanket all evening and slept, not giving any attention to the kids. It was so cold this morning, I don't think he cared how bad he needed to go to the bathroom. He wasn't about to stay out there.
In the end, we have decided not to take him. I was more worried about Sambo last night than about my babies. It is definitely like having another child and I don't think I need that at the moment!
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As the child of a mom who thinks her puppies are her children, too, don't get a dog until you don't have any more babies.
Once you want to feel like you need to be needed again, then get a dependent puppy. :)
Post a Comment