For me, finding a baby-sitter is hard. I have my normal, every day sitter, of course, but I always need one for football games. That means every week I have to find someone. It becomes 10 times harder when play-offs roll around. Everyone in town begins going to the games.
Last Saturday was no exception. I had to start looking on Thursday for a sitter for Saturday's game. I had asked my every day sitter, but she decided she was going to attend the ballgame too. It would be the first one she had gone to all year. The hunt was on. I tried everyone I ran into, practically. Everyone had something to do or they were going to the game.
Finally, at about 4:30 on Friday a light bulb came on. I thought I would call Michelle and see if Melinda would be around. Of course not, but Michelle being the friend she is volunteered her services, even though she has her own to take care of. She is a brave soul! She was going to keep Layne who is just a couple of months older than Micheal and a 4-month old. She even said she would take them all to the parade. I don't know if she is brave, stupid, or still hopped up on medication! Nobody else would have volunteered to do that!
While we were on the phone, a girl I had asked earlier in the day called. She had to change her plans, and she would be available to baby-sit. Michelle was saved and even though she wouldn't admit it, I am sure she was happy she didn't have to keep them.
I told Michelle she is a much better friend than I am. She always remembers important things and she knows what I like. We have decided our kids get plenty of things at Christmas, so she and I exchange gifts. She knows I like snowmen so she got an entire "themed" gift last year. I have decided I want her to help my husband get my gifts from now on. I think she knows me better than he does!
Monday, December 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I did miss the boys on Saturday... but I told my husband that he was saved from chaos by an unknown angel. He laughed!
Thankfully, though, you did find someone else, because the pictures that I thought wouldn't take long at all ended up taking almost two hours. I won't be going to Sears for pictures anymore!
I'm sorry that I wasn't around. I had to be violated by some dress lady for this great wedding that I'm in later this month...she told me that in order to knock off that one extra pound to just eat salad and water...now why haven't I thought of that before?!?! :) Glad to hear that you got everything sorted out! Bye :)
-hbedd...headed to bed... :)
Post a Comment