Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gas Prices

I watch the news pretty regular. Mostly the local news, but they do cover world events. Is it my imagination that the fall of gas prices is not getting as much media attention as the rise of them??? It seems like all we heard was that they were going to keep going up--maybe even to $5.00 a gallon.

I, myself, am happy as a kid in a candy store that prices are dropping!!! I got gas yesterday afternoon for $2.25 a gallon. I put in only $25.00 and it got me to almost 1/2 a tank. I drive a Yukon XL. With gas so high, $25 wouldn't get me to my school and back. Now I can probably drive a week! I get giddy every time I drive by the Valero and it has dropped again.

There is one station that is always cheaper than the others. On my way home this afternoon, it was at $2.15 a gallon. My stomach actually did a flip-flop! The station that I went to yesterday was at $2.17. If it goes below $2 I may have to dance a jig at the pump!

I know that it is still high, but compared to what we have been dealing with, it is a welcome change and definitely makes a difference in your pocketbook. I was thinking the other day that 10 years ago I was filling up my car to drive to Texas and it was only 91 cents a gallon. $10 or $11 could fill that thing up. With gas just below $4, I was paying 10 times that amount to fill up the family car. Makes me a little sick to my stomach.

3 comments:

Les said...

I completely agree! I just got home from visiting Lora, Rylee, and Mother in NW Arkansas, and I filled up for $2.09! It was awesome! I almost filled up my SUV for like $35!

McFarland Family said...

YEAH!! gas prices. I really hope that they go below $2 just to see dance a jig:)

Blessings All Mine said...

I read that Iran's and Venezuala's presidents pushed OPEC to cut production to make the price go back up. They did. But the price kept dropping. HAHA. Loved it!