Sunday, October 05, 2008

Another Weekend

So, another weekend has come, and now is just hours away from disappearing. These two days go by much faster than Monday and Tuesday ever do.

Friday was a day of parent conferences. The school gets us a sub for the day and we have conferences with all of our parents. Or at least we try to have them with all of our parents. Some don't show for various reasons, or don't show because they simply didn't feel like it. Those are usually the ones you need to see most. I had 7 not come. That gave me a lot of free time during the day so I did get some work done. That doesn't change the fact that I have work to do today.

We won our homecoming game! It was a huge victory, 53-33. We scored twice on two long passes right out of the gate. Ritchie said his plan was to throw early and often and it proved to be good for us. Reid's game, however, was a different story. I have to get on my soapbox here...

Being a coach's wife, I understand how unruly some parents can be. Some think their child is the best out there, when it fact, they might just be the worst. They can be demanding and unrealistic. But something I always stand behind is your child should be at practice in order to play. Reid is ALWAYS at practice. There are a couple of kids who rarely make it. In fact, the one practice we had this week, there were two kids that were not there, and one who was 45 minutes late. Guess who sat on the bench for 2 entire quarters of the game? My precious child. The one who NEVER complains and cries at practice that he doesn't want to play anymore. The one who has never missed practice or been late to practice. The one who has to run because all of the other children are playing in the dirt and not listening to the coach. I am not being biased. I am there to watch all of this happening. He does what the coach asks of him and never complains. At this age, there are kids that are better than him. However, we only have 2 or 3 on our team that are better than Reid. All of the others are about the same. Ritchie said if it happens again he will confront the coach about it. That is teaching them from the beginning you don't have to come to practice to be in the game. That is exactly the opposite of what they want instilled in the kids who will be playing in high school.

THEN, the coach yells out during the game, "RUN THE DAMN PLAY!". Let me tell you, we were not happy. Ritchie felt like such a hypocrite, but he found one of the guys on the league board and told them about it.

Anyway, I am getting mad just thinking about it again. And the cowboys are on! Have a great week!

4 comments:

McFarland Family said...

Does the coach know that he is coaching 5 and 6 year olds. Also, let it be known that I..yes me another coaches wife will be the craxy yelling lady at my kids games..beacuse MY KIDS ARE THE BEST!!!:):):)

Les said...

In my opinion, five and six year old kids should be playing for fun and to develop a love for and understanding of the sport. The kids that ought to play are the kids who show dedication to the team and practice.

There's no excuse for a coach to yell and/or curse at children. With that said though, I think there's a huge difference between a coach yelling at children and a coach yelling at high schoolers.

Amanda said...

I agree! I don't have your e-mail anymore. I would love to read your blog. I would love to see you again, too. We have a lot of catching up to do!

Blessings All Mine said...

I would be ticked off too. I know that coach did NOT cuss at the kids. Ummm....I would have gone redneck on his arse! Ritchie should have gone to the appropriate people and complained. That is ridiculous. But, just wait. Someday Ritchie will be coachin' these kids when they are grown up, and he won't let them get away with not coming to practice!