We are still in the process of visiting the same two churches. Some Sundays we go, some we don't. It has been hard to get back into the routine of going to church again. That is terrible to say. I know that I need to get myself back on the right track and my kids want to go to church.
Yesterday we went to Trinity. Trinity is the contemporary church we visit. In yesterday's bulletin there was an announcement for a new Beth Moore bible study on the Psalms of Ascent. I have been fortunate enough to go to one of her studies in the past. I was very excited about having the opportunity again. However, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go because I don't know anybody. I hate going somewhere alone when I don't know anybody. Ritchie encouraged me to go because he knows how much I liked the other one. He is doing a coaches outreach bible study on Thursday mornings and it has been good for him. As he said, " You need to do something." He was right. I need to do something about my spiritual life. I believe in God, am saved, but have just gotten away. I am not the first, nor will I be the last.
Anyway....I sucked it up and went. Wow. If your church is offering this study, GO! It is going to be awesome and challenging.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I understand how you feel. It's so hard to go to church when you don't know anyone. With Matt's hectic schedule, I'm often left alone on Sundays. Thankfully, my uncle goes to church with us so he's been able to introduce me to people; however, I still feel a little awkward.
Post a Comment