Saturday, May 10, 2008

Reid's First Words

Thursday morning, while I was running my copies for the day, Reid was busy in my classroom. He wrote the first two words that he has ever written on his own, out of his own little head (besides his name, of course!). I came in to find the words, "The zoo", written on my board. Just like that. Capital letter and all. I was beside myself. I took a picture with my camera phone and sent it to his daddy. One of the bilingual teachers who absolutely adores him, came in with the school camera and took a picture of it with him standing beside it and then one of the two of us with it. She understood how much it meant and was just as thrilled as I was! Needless to say, it was still on my board when I left for the weekend. I couldn't make myself erase it. Besides, I think it accurately describes my classroom with just three weeks left. When I go in on Monday morning, the janitors will have washed it off, but I will never forget it. The first two words that my first child ever wrote on his own, out of his own little head.

1 comment:

McFarland Family said...

Way to go Reid!!!