Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Not Yo Momma's Banana Puddin'

My team leader introduced me to this Paula Deen recipe. I made it for the volunteer luncheon at school and it disappeared quickly. So, I made it again this last Friday for the staff picnic. Again, it disappeared quickly and everyone was begging me to bring it to school this week. Tomorrow is one of the other teacher's birthdays and she requested the banana pudding. Before this, I had never made banana pudding. I guess I thought it was harder than it actually is. This recipe is simple and DELICIOUS!!! I thought I would share it all with you. I love cold banana pudding in the summer!

2 packages of Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies
6-8 bananas, sliced

Layer the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan with the cookies. Layer sliced bananas on top of the cookies.

1 box of instant French Vanilla Pudding
2 cups of milk
1 package of cream cheese
1 can eagle brand
8 oz. cool whip

Mix milk and pudding together. Mix cream cheese and eagle brand with mixer. Add cool whip. Add pudding. Pour the mixture on top of the cookies and bananas. Add chessman cookies to the top. Enjoy!

I had never had the chessman cookies before this. They give the pudding a really good flavor. Let me know if you try it and like it!

3 comments:

McFarland Family said...

This sounds very yummy...and very low cal:):) I will have to try it...I love banna pudding!

Anonymous said...

I am definitely trying this! My recipe calls for sour cream and cool whip - sounds kind of weird - but very good. What could be wrong with eagle brand and cream cheese!!! See you guys soon! Amy

Amanda said...

I can't wait! I am so excited about seeing you guys more than once this summer!