Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Latest

There hasn't been much excitement lately. Last Thursday we went to watch the boys do their presentation for the end of VBS. Here is video of Reid singing "I Know my God is Real". Sorry for the movement. Landon kept hitting my arm.

Didn't really do a whole lot on Friday. Got adjusted to having all three boys again. Saturday I cleaned the house from one end to the other and that night we all went to eat at Catfish King and . They have the best hushpuppies! They taste like hot water cornbread. I used to buy them in Wal-Mart, but have been unable to find them in a really long time. We all went to Wal-Mart and did the grocery shopping. To be honest, I would much rather go by myself with the 3 of them than to let my husband go too. He is just as bad or worse about buying stuff that we don't need!

Sunday we went to a different church. The previous Sunday we visited First Baptist. We liked it, but didn't want to only visit there, so we went to Trinity Baptist Church. A lot of people we know already go there. Two words--VERY contemporary! It is unlike any other church I have ever visited. I don't wear pantyhose much any more and am known in the winter to wear dress pants to church just because it is a little warmer, but it still is dressy. I knew it was different when the first lady I saw was in khaki bermuda shorts. The high school principal's wife was wearing blue jean capris. There were some women dressed up, but the majority was very laid back. That is fine with me, but totally unlike what I grew up accustomed to. We only sang one traditional song with all of the live music (including the drummer who was in a little box). The pastor was not there this week, but the sermon was pretty good. We have decided to just go back and forth each week until we know which one is best for us. The children's programs at both churches seem to be really good.

I was not looking forward to Monday. All of the boys had a check-up scheduled and I knew they would have to have shots. Landon and Layne both got three and Reid got two. I am so glad that is over with! I worked on laundry yesterday afternoon and made jambalaya for dinner. I had way too much, so I invited Wes over for dinner. Layne was so excited that he was coming over. He asked me today if Wes could come back and sleep with him. This is why they like Wes so much. Just listen to Landon! HILARIOUS!

No comments: