Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My Baby is Growing Up

When I posted about Reid's birthday, I just wrote about his birth story. However, as time has passed, and now that school is out, I have more time to focus on my kids. I can focus on how funny Landon is, Layne's new galloping rope thing he is doing, and just how big Reid is getting.

I really started noticing changes in Reid this spring. He was becoming more and more independent. I don't have to get on to him near as much anymore. He does everything on his own except all of his meals. That is mostly because some of the stuff is hard for him to reach and I have enough mess to clean up! Every night he takes a shower, brushes his teeth, does his mouthwash, and gets his pajamas on. I am LOVING every minute of it! Last week, he took to making his bed when he gets up in the morning. Look at what a great job he did!!!
The down side is that Layne is usually still asleep when Reid gets up so he did make Layne get up one day so he could make the bed!

He has also been picking out his own clothes and getting dressed after making the bed. He will even brush his teeth without me telling him to most days. He even swept off the back patio one day. He did a great job with that too! I am just hoping all this wanting to help won't wear off, but I know it will. It is always fun at first, but then becomes a pain.

Reid's two top teeth have been loose. Last week he lost one of them. The other one is hanging and it looks like he has "bubba teeth". I talked to Susan today and she said it is just hanging on by a thread. I am hoping it will hold on until we get him home tomorrow!
I just can't believe how smart he is and what a good kid he really is. An older man stopped me in McDonald's the other day and told me what a nice young man I have. Reid held the bathroom door open for him and helped him find the paper towels. I am so proud of my big boy!
**UPDATE: Reid called about half an hour ago. Chelsey pulled his other tooth! He was so excited about the tooth fairy coming to see him!

2 comments:

Blessings All Mine said...

I seriously can't get over how much Reid looks like your daddy. Is it just me? Wow...he's got no front teeth. For now anyway....too cute.

Amanda said...

People used to say he looked like my brother when he was a toddler. He definitely has the Hall genes.