Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh.....Christmas Tree

And, no I do NOT mean the song. Last Sunday we went to the tree farm to pick out our tree. We went to this great place that had animals, wooden cut-outs so parents can get some pics, and a tractor ride into the back field to make sure you choose the perfect tree. And we thought we picked one...

Until we got home and really looked at it. We think the guy made a mistake when he trimmed it. Anyway, I was too tired every night to decorate it. Finally, Thursday night my boys began to decorate it. (side note--this is the very first year in 10 years that I have not done the entire tree alone!) It was looking great! Not a worry about the ugly tree anymore. And then it happened. The boys were down to their last few ornaments and the 8 foot monster began to tip over...right on top of Reid. He was fast, his daddy was fast, and I was fast. We caught it before it fell all the way over, but most of the ornaments fell off. After messing with it for about 15 minutes trying to get it to stand (and it was about 9:30), I pulled a Pat Hall. I started jerking what was left of the ornaments off the tree. I demanded my husband take it outside and cut some more of the bottom off. He did, but it still wouldn't stand and it looked even worse from all the extra movement.

Now it is a whole week later. We made a decision to get rid of the tree. We went down to Home Depot and picked out a 7 foot Noble Fir--exactly what we got last year. We love them! Short, soft needles. Gorgeous! Here is a pic of our new tree. I have also included a close-up of my two favorite ornaments. When you scrolled down further, you will see a collection of snowmen and a close-up of my two favorite pieces.



Finally...it is standing and ready for presents!

Got this one in Fordyce two years ago after Christmas.

I got this at Hallmark a few years ago. It is a great space-filler.

Part of my collection.

This is my new favorite! I got this from my friend, Traci, last Christmas. This is the first time it has been out of the box! I LOVE it!

I got this plate a few years ago from a student. We use this as our cookie plate for Santa's cookies.

4 comments:

Les said...

I love your collection of snowmen! They're so cute.

Amanda said...

Thanks! Can you tell that I LOVE them? I also have a collection of Snowonders that I keep out all year.

McFarland Family said...

I love the tree..I wish we could see the first one...surely it was not as bad as you say. Hey I was wondering if you like snowmen? Because you sure do have A LOT of them!

Anonymous said...

HeeHee! I am at my desk laughing because I'm picturing the tree fiasco! :)