Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Play, Christmas, and NO SCHOOL!!!

It has been a very busy few days! I think I have been to Wal-Mart every day this week. Wednesday I got prepared for my parents to come. I had to make sure everything was done because Thursday there would be no time. Thursday night was the preschool Nativity story. I was a proud momma! They both said their lines and sang wonderfully. You could hear Layne over all the other kids when they sang. Here is a clip of them singing and saying their lines and some pictures of their big night on stage.
They looked so cute in their costumes and bare feet!

Two little innkeepers!


Yes, that was Layne singing in the microphone.

Friday we had a big surprise for the boys. Our parents bought a swingset for them. My daddy and Ritchie spent the morning putting it together so it would be ready when they got home. Here is their reaction.



We had a great time while my parents were here. Lots of great food and gifts. Here are a few pictures of what the boys got.

Layne got the hat rack from Suzy for his birthday. The horns and old spurs came from the people next door to mom and daddy. Layne was not happy that it is so high on the wall. He wants to be able to touch it anytime he wants. NOT a good idea!

I love this picture! Can you tell that is a horse inside that ball??? I think it is the bottom of it.


Never underestimate the power of Lightmin McQueem!
My little model. The Lightning on the side lights up.

Reid loves to help in the kitchen.

Layne and his new little buddy.

Landon will be on Cars overload this year, but he never gets tired of it. He was running around later saying, "Stingin' like a beamer!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat called to let me know that you were posting stuff, and I looked at it while I was on the phone with her. I had to go back later and put my headphones on so I could crank up the volume and hear the sangin' and their lines...no room in the "end". How cute. I must have looked at the pictures 4 times since last night. I've got to find me some grands up here to adopt since it appears my kids aren't "breeders". sigh Linda

Blessings All Mine said...

Oh...Lightning is regular decor in my house, too. Eli is in LUV with him. I actually love that jacket. Where did she get that? I finally broke down and bought Eli some Lightning McQueen shoes. Oh, how I did NOT want to buy them b/c I just have a thing with themed shoes, but the poor kid had been begging for them forever and the eyes glow in the dark. So, what the heck, right? He calls them his Dinaco shoes. :-) Merry Christmas to ya'll!!!

Amanda said...

Landon got some, too. His are Mater crocs and are really kinda cute. I have always been anti-themed shoes, too. Could be worse...they could want Princess shoes, right??? HA!

Les said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! They're going to LOVE that swingset!