Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oreo Balls and Fudge and Divinity, OH MY!

Everyone has "their candy" they always make during the holidays. I used to be under the impression that you had to make several different things at Christmas. However, that gets me in trouble. I still want to fit into my jeans after the holidays. A few years ago I started just going with one candy. I want something that is easy and makes little mess. I do crockpot candy. It makes a ton and is just about the easiest candy you can make. Here's the recipe! Try it out!

1 jar of unsalted peanuts
1 jar of salted peanuts
12 oz. of semi-sweet morsels
1 bar of German chocolate
1 plank of white almond bark
1 plank of chocolate almond bark.

Layer (in that order) in a crockpot. On high, cover and let sit for 3 hours. Stir and spoon onto wax paper. Let cool.

Tips: You may not have to do it 3 hours. Check it after 2. The chocolate may be melted and you can go ahead and finish it up. I have also used the tiny muffin cups to add a little decoration. I also use a cookie scoop. WAY easier to scoop it out like that and I don't get sick from licking it off my finger!!!! ;)

No comments: