The most bizarre, amazing, scary thing happened in Garrison yesterday. It is the biggest news in Garrison in a long time.
An eighteen-wheeler plowed through one of the old businesses on the square!!
I was getting my hair cut, which also happens to be on the square, but on the opposite side, thank the Lord! The man was headed north on 59 when he fell asleep at the wheel. He crossed the south-bound lane, drove over the concrete bench that sits beside some HUGE boulders, and into Mr. Goodson's old store. (Note: I do not know who Mr. Goodson is or what kind of store it was. I do know he still had stuff stored in the building.)
There are businesses on either side of the store that was hit, one of which is the newspaper office. I thank God it didn't hit the newspaper office where Mimi was working!
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy cow! Thank goodness no one was really hurt! That could have been disastrous! Glad you're all okay!
To answer the previous post's question...The weekend was really good! I didn't even remotely get scared Friday night! Ritchie called right after he left Friday and needed me to come to Fort Worth on Saturday. He got called unexpectedly about a job interview after he left. It was Sunday afternoon at 3:00 in Rockdale.
Post a Comment