Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Mr. Mom

I thought my husband (from now on to be called Honey) was going to die. The reaction through school messenger made me wish I had seen his face.

I found out last week I get to go on my first overnight school function with colleagues. Our sup. got a palm pilot and it was passed down to my principal. The sup. told her to choose a 4th and 5th grade teacher to go on a road trip. Obviously I was the chosen 4th grade teacher. We are going to another school close to San Marcos to see how the teachers and administrators use these hand-held computers in the classroom.

I was so excited! My Honey, needless to say, was not as excited at first. He knew immediately what this overnight trip meant. This means he will have to feed the baby when he wakes up. This means he will have to get the other two boys up and get them dressed. He will have to prepare their bag for the baby-sitter and get them there. He will also have to pick them up from the sitter's, make their dinner, bath all of them, and get them all to bed. These are things I have done on my own countless days. Would you like to know what he said? Get this.........

"You need to lay every thing out that I will need."

Are you kidding me with this? Who lays out all the stuff that I need every day? Who told ME everything babies/kids need in a diaper bag? Let's face it....moms do get advice, but haven't most of us come to these conclusions on our own??? Don't we know what our kids need without someone having to pack it all for us???

So, I told him I wouldn't do it. I will leave him a list, but I refuse to make up two days worth of bottles and cereal. Is this unreasonable???

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You should leave an abbreviated list, full of special codes that only you know. It's not your fault that he's never around when you are taking care of his offspring! Enjoy your night off!

Amanda said...

I left out the best part of the trip. We leave on Tuesday, but don't have to be at the school until Wednesday. I see outlet malls in our future!

Michelle said...

How fun! I know you'll enjoy your time off! From BOTH sets of kids!