I am absoulutely dreading the weekend. My husband will be leaving Friday morning for Fort Worth for a coaching clinic. He won't return until Sunday.
There are two reasons I don't like this:
#1. I have three rowdy kids all weekend with no break. Usually I at least get to go to the grocery story by myself or take a nap.
#2. I get kind of scared.
It never fails. I hear sounds I wouldn't otherwise hear and the motion light in the backyard will come on in the middle of the night. Why do I get scared? I have spent countless weekends with him gone and now I have kids to keep me company. When I am alone other places I do not feel that way. I could live in a hotel by myself for years and never be afraid even though when you think about it I should be more afraid of that.
I get so mad at myself for getting scared. I am an adult. I have been through childbirth three times. I have done numerous things alone. Actually typing this makes me realize just how ridiculous it is. I am going to do it.......I have to. Hopefully I won't spend the weekend wondering who is lurking in the shadows.
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i get scared, too! daniel works nights so i try to pretend that i am not really alone cause of my two dogs and the infant in the next room.
but i still flip out the lights and dive into bed, making my eyes really wide so i can see all the boogie men!
How did the weekend go? Everyone still alive? It's been more than one weekend,... I am starting to get nervous!
Post a Comment