Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Busy-ness

We have been busy since Friday. When we got to Garrison it wasn't long and we were on our way back to Nacogdoches. We had dinner with Pete, Traci, their kids, Terry, and Susan. Saturday morning I had to get up and get my hair cut. I did nothing all day and it was great. The boys went swimming at their Mimi's. Layne took a spill off the ladder on the slide. He was very lucky that all he came away with was a big scrape on the elbow.

Saturday night was Colleen's wedding. She looked beautiful. I think it turned out exactly how she wanted. I had a great time at the reception, but wished I could have spent more time talking to her. I did get to see Dovie and Jo, though. It was really nice to see them again. I knew I missed them, but I didn't realize how much until I left. I know this sounds ridiculous, because I knew this already. You know how you can know something, but not really think about it until something forces you to contemplate it? That is what happened to me Saturday night. It occured to me that I would never work with any of them again and it was really hard for me.

Sunday we went to church. After that we went to Pete and Traci's and had hamburgers. Jason and Nikki were there, too. It was great for us to all be together again. I was really good and didn't cry when I left this time, even though I really wanted to.

We met my parents in Nac. right after we left there. They just left this morning. I love it when they come because my kids hover over my mother instead of me. It gives me a little break. My mom and I always try to do something when we are together. Yesterday was different because my dad went with us. I took them to lunch at John and Ann's Pie Shoppe, and then we went to the Katy Mills Mall. We did some shopping there and hit a couple of other places and then made our way back to the house. We took my parents to Saltgrass for dinner. I was sad to see them go, but I know my dad has to get back for work this week. Hopefully, I will be able to make the trip to their house after my mother has her open heart surgery in a few weeks.

Now things are back to normal. I have a ton of things that I need to be doing around here, but don't want to do. Ritchie is having meetings today and will officially start work on football tomorrow. He leaves for coaching school Sunday. I have one more workshop tomorrow. I start work on August 16th. Just a few more weeks and the summer will be gone. How come two months in school never goes this quickly???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about leaving your friends...it took me over a year to get through saying good bye to my F.w. friends. It does get better each time. As for school starting....I do not even want to think about it:(:( We leave for Colorado Friday..I will call you when we get back to make a play date-Les

Amanda said...

Okay, that is it!!! I don't want to hear any more about all your travels! Just kidding! Call me when you get back!

Anonymous said...

YES! The wedding was everything I wanted it to be. I'm SO glad y'all were there! There were so many people that I would've loved to have talked more to, but you know how weddings are. Anyway, thanks again for coming. I'm so glad you had fun!!!