Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Change of Plans

So, we changed our plans a little bit for Spring Break. We did the norm yesterday. Cleaning, watching the tube, and I went to the gym. Late last night we got a call from one of our very good friends who is an auctioneer. He had two free tickets for us to go to the Houston Rodeo tonight. If you know nothing about the Houston Rodeo, it is a HUGE deal. Three weeks of livestock show, exhibits, rodeo events, and a new entertainer every night. Our friends had already been down last Tuesday night to see Rascal Flatts. That would have been my choice, but not a wise one for a school night. How it works is your ticket gets you in for the rodeo event and then they set up for the concert. Tonight was Xtreme Bulls. I have never seen bullriding in person. It was the coolest! The performance we got to see was Big and Rich. We stayed until they did Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy, then we were out of there. We took Layne with us since he is our cowboy. I think he really liked it. His favorite part was when they had to rope the bulls to get them to leave the arena. Tomorrow will be Daddy and Reid day. They are going to the movies and to play miniature golf, I think. Landon is still too wild to take anywhere for one on one time and he doesn't understand that anyway.

Our first rodeo experience was a good one and we look forward to going back next year. In the meantime, we have Astros baseball and Texan football! I think we are on our way to being able to call ourselves Texans!

1 comment:

Blessings All Mine said...

Cool...Big and Rich! Not a real bad concellation prize since RF was a little early for your schedule. :-(