Sunday, March 30, 2008

Reid's First Crush

Since the beginning of this school year, all we have heard from Reid is, "Desi....", or, "Desiree....". For a while I ignored it. Then I started asking some questions. It didn't take me long to figure out that he had a crush on Desiree. So, being a mom of boys, I had to take a look at this little girl and make sure she was okay. You know....someone I would want him to bring home to me one day. I have to make sure he is picking them right now or we are headed for a disastrous future!


Anyway, one day after school I took a peek at the pictures of the "coconuts" that was in the hallway. I didn't know what to say this child is so beautiful! She and Reid have the same color hair and her eyes are blue. She has olive colored skin. According to the teacher, she is always dressed so cute. Since then, everyone has picked on Reid about her. He even asked her out. He had it all planned out. It was so funny! One day on a visit to their classroom, I asked Desiree about it. She said, "We're just friends, aren't we, Reid?". Well, there you have it. The first time the friend card is pulled on him. However, it has not changed his mind. He insists that he loves her.


Yesterday, I went through his backpack and found the following picture they had done in class:

I don't know how well you can see it, but the word in red is Desiree. When I asked Reid about it and if he could read it to me, he couldn't stop laughing. I asked him why he didn't put my name or daddy's. I don't know how I am going to deal with him giving his heart to another girl besides me.

3 comments:

McFarland Family said...

What a ladies man!!! I think I would have started to cry if Taylor or Ryan brought that home without MY name on it.....you are handling this VERY well!!!!

Anonymous said...

Reid has a girlfriend. Reid has a girlfriend. Looks like our little man is growing up.

Blessings All Mine said...

Oh, this is cute. But, yeah...I'm not looking forward to the day when mine start liking other girls more than momma. :-(