Saturday, March 29, 2008

The countdown is on. There are 42 days of school left. Or 9 weeks. That sounds better since it is a smaller number. The week back after Spring Break pretty much went off without a hitch. It also went by very quickly! I am not wishing my life away, but it was nice.

We don't have much going on this weekend. Ritchie has a lot of work to do since spring football is coming in a couple of weeks. This time last year, we were deciding if we were going to actually move here or not. He started just before spring football started and was staying down here by himself. So, I am unsure if spring ball will be like the regular football season in regards to the hours he spends working. I am pretty used to it now, and I have my own things going on at home and at the gym so we don't have time to dwell on him not being here.

April will be a busy month at school. My two days to have duty for detention and ZAP lab are coming up in a week, Reid's field trip to the zoo is April 10 (which we are both going to be chaperones for), and many other things. Fourth graders also have a field trip coming up to Taste of Texas. It is a restaurant and they will be giving the kids a tour of the kitchen and we will be eating. Evidently the lady that does the tour is some sort of "Texas History Expert". It should be a great day away from school. We also have only 4 weeks to prepare for the next two TAKS test. I am sure everyone else is just as busy. Spring is usually that way. Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Blessings All Mine said...

Glad I'm not the only one who feels pulled in a thousand different directions! Tee ball just started up here. It will be a whirlwind until that is over.

McFarland Family said...

WOW!!! Never a dull moment in the Pinckard house:):) I hope that you and Ritchie have a great time at the zoo with Reid and all his friends:)