As of 3:55 on Friday, Katy ISD was out for Spring Break. Even though it is officially the start at that time, for some reason I don't feel like it really starts until Sunday night. No one has to have a bed time really because we don't have to get up in the morning.
It is really nice having another educator as your spouse because we always have the same vacations. I imagine that other couples who are not both educators may have some trouble planning vacation time together. Maybe not.
Anyway...we are trying to make the most of Spring Break this year. Already we have eaten out for the last three nights. It was great to not have to cook, but LA Fitness will be seeing me walk through the doors for several days in a row! After eating out last night, we made a trip to Academy and Target. Today I got the boys' Easter outfits, got Layne his new black cowboy hat, and bought groceries. We are looking to move South of I-10, so we drove around looking at some houses for a few hours before trying out a place we have never been to before. Tomorrow our plan is to go to the Downtown Aquarium and Tuesday to see Dr. Seuss's Horton Hear a Who. Wednesday night I am having a GNO (girl's night out) with a bunch of women from work. That always proves to be a good time! Thursday we leave for Garrison. Friday I will be getting food together for the big birthday bash for Layne, and Saturday is the party. Sunday we will have a great time seeing everyone from what we still consider our church. Then it is off to Grandmother and Paw's for lunch and easter egg hunt. This is no ordinary Easter Egg Hunt. There is a story to tell here.
Layne's second Easter was the first time we were invited to Grandmother and Paw's. They are Terry's parents. Terry is Susan's husband. I certainly hope all this fits together since I haven't really told a huge story about the Chandlers. Guess there is the subject of my next blog! Anywho....Susan told me they would get to hunt eggs, all the kids get to do it. I didn't really believe her. The youngest grandchild at the time was 11. The oldest two were 21. No way were they interested in hunting eggs. Was I wrong!!! They will kill over those eggs!!! Do you know why???? They have money in them. Heck! After I found that out, I was just about ready to get in the game. Climbing the tree, trying to not knock someone in the pool, and using the broom top remove eggs from the clothesline poles are just a few of the scenes that will be going on Sunday afternoon. I can't wait!
Well, this must be the end. Landon has joined me and wants to type. Here is his message for you all:
hjmmh86hhghghhjjjkhhggdcyhn,l
You get that?
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wanna hunt Easter eggs, too! :-) Happy Belated Birthday, Layne! Sounds like you have a fun Spring Break planned! Hope you all enjoy it!
Post a Comment