Friday, January 06, 2006

Calories, Fat, Fiber

I am obsessed with food. I love it. Just look at my butt.....you can tell.

I am also obsessed with food points. If you have ever had anything to do with weight watchers you know what I mean. On a weight watchers diet, food has point values. It is based on the number of calories, fat, and fiber in a serving size.

I did weight watchers for the first time after I had Reid. I lost 30 pounds! I was sooooo skinny! I loved it! Not to mention I had a breat reduction. I could wear tight shirts for once and cute little shorts. That was the summer we went to California. I was Hollywood ready!!!! Anyway.....

I have tried a few times to get back on it, but it is hard when you are always pregnant. I am done having babies, and the holidays are over, so it is back to the diet. I have done really well. I had three points left over the first day, and I didn't go over my points yesterday. The down side....it is only day three. My stomach is growling like a mad tiger and I have an hour left until lunch. I am munching on ice pretending it is a fat, juicy steak. Not working.

Every thing I look at I have to calculate the points. It is so much fun! I am addicted to finding good treats that are low in points. My favorites are the 100 calorie packs (2 points), mini bags of 94% fat-free popcorn (2 points), and oatmeal (2-3 points, depending on what kind you buy). I have also made myself a cookbook that I use all the time. I know what you're thinking....diet food....gross. Not at all! The food is great! My husband loves it and my kids love it.

Now.....let's see.....chicken carbonara lean cuisine for lunch (6 points), and a 100 calorie pack of chips ahoy cookies. Good Grief....I want some FRIES!!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My new diet plan will start next week, class and all.
We'll see how long my husband stays with it, even though he promised to stick it out, too!