The greatest things we have in life are friends and family. I spent my weekend enjoying the company of both.
Friday night I was able to go to a friend's family function. This friend's family decided last fall that each month they would take turns having dinner at someone's house. This month was her turn and she invited all of us to eat. My children were the entertainment!
Saturday I decided it was time for Reid and I to have our first official Mommy and Me day. Yes, we have done things together before, but NOTHING like this! First, we had lunch at Chili's. That was way more fun than I had imagined. Then we went to Lufkin to see Chicken Little. He has spent the last two days telling everyone that the sky is falling!
Sunday we went back to our friend's house to have leftover ribs and chicken from Friday night. I thought we'd be home by 1:30. WRONG! We visited way too long and it was 4:00 before we got home. By 6:30 we were off again with another set of friends who have four kids. It is quite an experience when we go out. I have a three year old, an almost two year old, a five month old, and they have a thirteen year old, a ten year old, and twin girls who are nearly one. You should see the looks when we go in someplace!
I had a wonderful weekend with my friends and family! I cannot wait until my next Mommy and Me date!
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I bet Reid really enjoyed the one-on-one attention! That sounds like fun! I'm glad you got to have fun with family! I even like the get-together idea for families. I'll just have to wait until more people have houses of their own, cause if not, I'd have it at our house every three months!
Post a Comment