Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another Workshop

I was not happy when I found out last November that I was going to have to do 3 days of training. In teaching, I suppose just like most jobs, things change frequently. Things are not like when we were in school, ladies. Here in Katy, we have a lot more to do when it comes to lesson plans. It pretty much forces you to use different structures and strategies for your students.

Today was Day 1. This is CRISS training. It stands for Creating Independence for Student-Owned Strategies. I will be honest and say that I HATE, H-A-T-E, 99.9% of teacher workshops. This one is not bad. Most of the things they are teaching us I have done before. Or at least done some form of it. I got some new strategies to use with my students and found new ways to do old things. Tomorrow I will have Day 2 and Day 3 comes on Layne's birthday, March 11th. So much for taking the day off to be with him.

1 comment:

Blessings All Mine said...

I can't think of any workshops that I've been to and really enjoyed??? Oh wait....nah...Still nothing! :-)