
Our next stop was my brother's place. Six boys. All 7 and under. Mayhem? Distruction? Absolutely not! They played great together. No one fought, no one cried. It was amazing. I think they were all quieter together than they are apart. Scott and Amy's new house is beautiful. We had a great time visiting with each other. We have never gotten to visit like that. It made me wish we were closer to them so we could get together like that more often.
Then to Fordyce. I got to see April, a friend from high school. That is all I want to say about those few days.
We were then on our way back to the great state of Texas. I love Arkansas and the Razorbacks, but I was ready to get back closer to home. We stayed for a night at some of our best friend's house and had a great time visiting. The next night after having dinner with those friends, we went to stay at Susan and Terry's. Their place feels more like home than anywhere else. Friday, I did laundry and went to Nacogdoches to pick up a few things we needed for Chelsey's wedding.
That night was rehearsal. It was a nightmare! Reid was one of the ring bearers. He cried and cried. I threatened and bribed. Real good parenting skills. But, hey, it worked and he made it through the wedding without shedding a tear. The wedding was beautiful, Chelsey was beautiful, there were LOTS of people, and the food was delicious. After that, we made our way back to Katy. After arriving home at about 1:00, we fell into bed and slept very hard.
Today was my first day back at work. I was thankful it was just a work day! Tomorrow I have a half day workshop and then the rest of the day with children. Happy January!
1 comment:
We enjoyed the visit too and were amazed at how well all 6 boys got along! Ya'll come stay again sometime...Amy & Scott
Post a Comment