Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Enlightening Dinner Conversation

Just me and the boys eating turkey chili tonight. This was the conversation:

Layne: "That boy hit that other boy in the winky."

Reid: "What boy?"

Me: "Yeah, what boy?"

Layne: "That big boy."

Reid: "What big boy?"

Me: "Yeah, what big boy?"

Layne: "That boy on Naked Brothers."

Me: "Oh." Little pause. "You watch Naked Brothers?"

Reid: "It's Naked Brothers Band, mom."

Me: "Well....you watch Naked Brothers Band? Do you really think that is something you need to watch? Especially if boys are getting hit in the winky. You know we don't do that, right?"

Reid: "It was Alex...." This is where I hear Charlie Brown's teacher. I didn't know who or what he was talking about. It was at this point that I realized I am THAT MOM. I am getting old.

Layne: "No, we're not supposed to watch Fairly Oddparents."

Me: "That's right."

Reid: "Why can't we watch Fairly Oddparents, again?"

Me: "Because it says some things we don't like and we don't want you learning it."

Reid: "Oh! I knew that!"

Me: "What is your favorite show to watch on t.v.?"

Yes, we are big t.v. watchers. Get over it. It is not all my kids do, but they do watch it.

Reid: "I like Spongebob."

Layne: "I like cowboys!!!" Layne wanted me to buy Gunsmoke in Sam's today because it had a man with a cowboy hat on it. He loves to watch Open Range.

Landon: "I like LIGHTMIN Na QWEEM!!!" Boy, is that an understatement.

Isn't it funny what two minutes can get ya?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the BEST kind of conversations!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I DO love this!!! Enjoy it while you can. These are the funniest kinds of conversations and always informative for parents/grandparents. LOTS of entertainment. Would love to see you. Give them all a big hug from "Anut" Libby. (Your big boy too)

Amanda said...

You mean Big Tiny? HA