Yesterday, just before I left for school, I could tell I was about to get a migraine. Just great. Doing anything with a migraine is impossible, much less trying to teach 19 4th graders. I was miserable. Luckily, the sub didn't get to do everything I left for Wednesday, so my kids would have plenty to do for the day.
We have specials at 9:15, so I was looking forward to sitting in the dark early in the morning. Our two bilingual teachers are husband and wife. The husband saw me and asked was I feeling okay. When I told him about my headache, he offered to help. I didn't know what he was going to do, but I figured it wouldn't hurt.
I have never really been a believer in western medicine. However, I have never had anything to go on. All I took for the headache was ibuprofen, which has NEVER worked on my migraine. He had me put a color to the pain and then give a color to a place that felt good in my body. The goal was to get what I called the "black" spot to "yellow", or the good feeling part. I had to do some visualizing, deep breathing, and he touched the top of my head a little bit. I will admit, it was weird and a little uncomfortable. On a scale of 1 to 10, I was at a 10 when we started. By the time he was done, I was at a 3 or 4. I was able to function, get the work done that I needed to get done, and by lunch, my migraine had disappeared. I don't know if it was Gabe's help that made it stop, but it was interesting to see what he has been studying.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad your migraine got better. I've never had the opportunity to experience alternative medicine like that...
Post a Comment