If you are a parent, you know getting to go on a date without your children takes a lot of planning ahead. Especially if you live in a place where you don't know many people or where your family doesn' t live. We have never lived close enough to our family to be able to call them up at the last minute and say, "Hey! We want to go to dinner. Can the boys come over?" However, living in Garrison, we could just about do that. Susan and Chelsey kept the boys many days, nights, and weekends so we could go and do something or because we had something to go and do.
It has been over six months since we had date night. The last time we planned date night, I ended up at a high school football game in the scouting booth and eating Mexican food with another single coach.
So, last Sunday night I threw it out there. "Do we have plans next weekend? Why don't we go out?" Believe it or not, I didn't have to haggle over this one. He has been wanting to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Not that he doesn't want to go out with me, but you know how guys are. He would actually have to wear real clothes, and this, to him, is a sacrifice. ANYWAY.....
We made plans with the sitters (twin almost 16-year-olds whose dad lives across the street) to be here at 5 Saturday night. We didn't really know where we wanted to eat, but decided we were going to try something new. After much discussion, we decided on a place called T-Beaux. It is a seafood place with a "New Orleans atmosphere". It is only about 5 miles from home, so we were there in 10 minutes and since it was only 5:15, there was NOBODY there. The food was great and we had a great time just enjoying our meal in silence. I once asked him when we were in the car (this was a while back) didn't he think we should talk to each other since we were alone and could without interruptions. He said, "We don't really get to sit in silence very much. I think we took silence for granted." I agreed. We can talk to each other, and we have lots to say, but sometimes we would rather enjoy the quiet of the evening.
The movie theater that we wanted to go to was just up the road. There are three theatres close to the house that you can eat dinner and watch the movie. The Studio Movie Grille is our favorite simply because the chairs are big, leather office-type chairs. You can lean back and enjoy the show. No one is walking over your feet. Even though we had already had dinner, we still wanted to go there. It is nice to just go in a theatre and them bring your coke and popcorn to you instead of having to wait in line. The movie was awesome! If you liked the first National Treasure, you will definitely like this one too.
It wasn't even 9:00 when the movie was over, so we went to Target. Ritchie got a few things he needed and then I found what I had been looking for for Landon. Cars toddler bedding. Next, on to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. A new shower head was on the list, so that's what we got.
I don't think Ritchie was really ready to come home. He made the comment about what else was around the area. We made our way back and were home just after 9:30. We had a great time out by ourselves. I think it is important to do that every now and then. You have to remember why you are together in the first place.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad that you guys could get away for the night. I LOVE LOVE LOVE date nights!! I must say that Ritchie must have wanted a little break since he wanted to shop:)-Lesley
You do know him well!
LOVE date nights!! They are a must every now and then!
Post a Comment