It's that time again! Time to get back on a schedule, make lunches, and run around like crazy in the morning. To complete homework, chores, dinner, and baths by bedtime. To encourage, reassure, and cheer on all of our kids. Another school year is about to begin.
I had my first official day at work today. It was a long one, but a good one. A lot of information and paperwork! Tomorrow will be just as busy with lots of things to do in my classroom. I am looking forward to a great year with new challenges ahead.
For those of you who are educators, I wish you great successes in your classrooms this 2008-2009 year.
And for those of you who are sending your kids to school (maybe even for the very first time) I wish you only a few tears of sadness at their rate of growth, but many of joy that your child is starting and continuing a wonderful journey. Be kind to your child's teacher and help out in any way possible. Be there for parties and plays and ceremonies and games. Take part in your child's education. Ask about the day they have had (and don't always believe that they learned "nothing" that day, even though that is what I always told my parents.) Most of all, enjoy every single minute of it!!! Good luck and I hope to hear great stories from all of you this school year!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, you HAD to go and make me tear up, didn't you?!?!!?!??!
Post a Comment