I feel guilty about not blogging, but you know that things have been crazy. The few moments that I have that haven't been busy, I have been resting. Meet the teacher at my school went pretty much without a hitch. Friday night when I took Layne and Landon to the preschool to meet their teachers, it was not a pretty situation. Landon cried and cried and cried. I am talking wet-momma's-shirt cry. Layne was shy with his teacher, but that was about it. Landon's teacher, Ms. Susan, assured me he would be fine. She is early childhood certified. She also told me that they would be on the playground together. Layne heard this and when we got in the car told Landon he would be okay at school and they would see each other. It was so sweet! He said, "Landon, you have to tell me where you are!"
I was very nervous about this morning. I was afraid that when I left we would all be crying. I was so wrong! They both walked in there with their backpacks and lunch boxes, washed their hands just like the teacher said and played. They wouldn't even tell me good-bye!!! I made it to the car and pushed back a few tears because my little babies are in preschool. Reid didn't even give me a chance to mourn another year of school. He loves school. He couldn't wait to get to his room and get the day started. I had to remind him about hug and sugar (that is what my boys call it) before he left. I have never had to remind him before!
Anyway....we all made it through our first day and they are asking if they get to go back tomorrow. I am sure the newness will wear off, but for now I am thankful everyone had a great day!
*NOTE: I have pictures to post of them on their first day, a football schedule to give, and pictures of my classroom that I need to take and post. I am hoping to catch up by Sunday!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad to read that EVERYONE made it through their first day:)
Post a Comment