Saturday, August 02, 2008

Trip to Garrison

We loaded up after Reid's football tryouts on Tuesday and drove to Garrison. It was late when we got there, so it wasn't long until we hit the bed. Reid and Layne watched a Spongebob movie in Nash's bed, Layne was on the couch watching t.v., and I went upstairs to go to bed. I have gotten into a bad habit this summer, just like every summer. Staying up late and sleeping late. At 1:00 I was still awake and Reid came upstairs. He hadn't been asleep yet, either. After finally falling asleep around 2:00, I was not happy the next morning when Landon came upstairs at 6:45. Nash had to get up and go to work and the alarm woke him up in the process. Reid got up at 7:00 and Landon never did go back to sleep. Next, here came Layne. He slept for a little bit longer, but was afraid that Terry would go to the barn without him. He got up and got his blue jeans and boots on. Needless to say, I didn't get any more sleep either.

After lunch, we went to Mimi's (Susan's mother) to swim. When everyone started getting cranky, we left. The boys took a really long nap! Chelsey had been in Carthage teaching twirling all week and came home that afternoon, so she and Heath came over that night. We sat at the table and talked until about midnight when they went home. I had no trouble going to sleep that night. We did the same thing on Thursday. This time we went to Grandmother's (Terry's mother) to swim. We were there about 4 1/2 hours. After getting back to Susan's and loading back up again we headed home around 7:30.

The boys were glad to see their daddy again and even more excited that they all got something from coaching school. We had a great time visiting, just like always.

No comments: