Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kick-Off is at 7:30

Tomorrow night marks our first football game of the season. We will be on the road against Nacogdoches High. Since we will be sooo close to Garrison, some of our closest friends will be there. I am meeting a few of them at BK to eat before the game. It will be nice to have all of our old supporters back! Since it is so far back home (I will be exhausted after school as it is!), we are going to stay at Suzy's and come home on Saturday.

I am looking forward to the season, just like I always do. I never know what to really expect since my husband expects so much and says we are not that good. I am sure it is much better than he thinks. I know our quarterback has an arm on him!

Our first year in Garrison, on Ritchie's birthday, I took a cake to the fieldhouse for the coaches to have. I got cornered by some of the seniors and they wanted another one. I promised them if they won that week, I would make them one for the next Friday. Well, they won, and I ended up making cakes every Friday since they were all so superstitious. And we were in the championship game that year. The tradition continued for most of our time in Garrison and one cake a week grew into two. I didn't do the cake thing last year because it was such a big school and too many kids on the team. Well, my husband opened his big mouth and told all the kids about it here so I am waiting for my cakes to bake as I type. I was already making two, so why not three? I am taking the 3rd to school for my team to have at lunchtime (and to celebrate the fact that we made it through the first week of school).

Hopefully I will have some good news about the game next time I get on here!

No comments: