Who says that bad things always occur on Monday? Today I was up earlier than normal and left right on time. Halfway to preschool, Reid starts crying. He had thrown up. Everywhere. I had put his brand new Gap jeans on him and his new Halloween shirt. None of it got on the shirt, but all over the pants and one shoe. I had the radio cranked up listening to Sugarland and they were all singing along (I guess that is why I didn't hear it). He has had a cough for a few weeks and I guess all the "gunk" made him do it. He insisted that his stomach didn't hurt.
We raced back home, changed clothes and were now leaving the house 15 minutes later than usual. Just as I approach the train track that we have to cross before getting to preschool...I am sure you can guess what happens next. You probably have better predicting skills than my 2nd graders. The arms go down and we are stuck. The best part is (I am being sarcastic) that the train switches over in that spot. So it wasn't just moving slow, but STOPS COMPLETELY!!! I had to do something! It was 7:40, I have to be at work at 7:45 and I still had not dropped my other kids off. I do NOT like to be late for work. It throws my whole day off. So, I have to go the long way around and look for the first street name that I recognize that will run into the street I have to be on. Luckily, it was very easy and I made it to preschool at 7:50. After signing them in and running to get back in the car, I was at work at 8:00. I am lucky my principals are understanding. They both just laughed and said that we have all been there.
I had a decent day considering the way my morning started. All I could think was that it felt like another Monday. The best part is that Reid wasn't sick the rest of the day.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hate days like that! Like you said, at least Reid wasn't sick the rest day. I hope you're feeling better
Landon is now sick with an ear infection. I guess it could be worse!
Poor thing! When it rains, it pours.
Oh...the throw up in the car. Hate that! It always happens at the worst possible time. As if there were ever a "good" time for that...
Post a Comment