This weekend was a fast one. Actually the week was a blur. Monday went as usual and Tuesday as well. Reid had his football practice on Tuesday. Wednesday came and went. I was TPRI testing all day so it went by really quickly. On those days we get to leave campus as a grade level to go have lunch. That was really nice.
Thursday was crazy! After school the boys and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few extra things for dinner. When I got home I got busy doing just a few things before my parents got here. It was more than I expected and we were rushing out of the door at 3 minutes to 6 to get Reid to football. While we were there my parents showed up. We had a good dinner that night and the boys were late getting to bed. However, they didn't have a hard time getting up the next morning. All Landon wanted to do was play with Robin (or Rovin as he says). The reason my parents were here was to go eat lunch with Reid to celebrate Grandparent's Day. He was so excited! I think they all really enjoyed it. And I got some compliments from people at school about how nice my parents look. Miss Ruby, the custodian, said they stood out in the crowd.
Anyway, with the threat of Ike, our football game got moved to 6. Only daddy and I went since it was going to rain. And boy did it rain before the game. Just as we got there, it started pouring. It rained for a good 15 minutes before slowing down. I decided that night I am going to invest in a really good rain suit. I haven't really had to have one in 10 years, but I need one just in case. The umbrella was great, but my legs were really wet. By the time we got home, my throat was on fire and I was hoping it wouldn't go much further.
My parents left for Rison early yesterday since all the storms were on their way. I got all my stuff done and put myself on the couch. I stayed there the rest of the day, feeling worse and worse. By this morning, my throat wasn't hurting, but I felt like I had been beaten. I was achy from laying around. I am not used to getting to lay around like that! Every time I swallow, my ear pops.
I want to say just how proud I am of my oldest nephew, Jacob. He accepted Christ into his life and was baptized this morning! It is at these times that I wish I were there. I would have loved to share this experience with the rest of my family. Just seems like yesterday he was that little baby that I held in the hospital room. Sissy loves you, Jacob!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I thought about ya'll during the storms, thinking that ya'll moved just in time! Hope all your friends are okay. Hope you get to feeling better. Are you sure you don't have a bug?!?!?
I know I have something, but not enough to go to the doctor. As one of my students walked in the door this afternoon he was hacking. Another teacher said laughinly, "Could be where you got it!"
I think I know what you have...it is called the beginning of the year funk. I get it every year. We still do not have elec. so we are headed to San Antonio till Monday
I hope you're feeling better! I always get sick at the beginning of school. I sometimes think I'm allergic to the students! :)
Post a Comment