Monday, September 22, 2008

The Other Football Team

Since I posted about Reid's team, I thought I would post about the Tigers today. I got some pics from Friday night's game. We lost again, but it was a great game. We were down 21-3 at halftime. When we came out in the 3rd, we just exploded. We kept them scoreless in the 3rd, and were up by 10 at the start of the 4th. They battled back and it was scoring back to back. They scored to go up by 4 with just under two minutes left.

Even though we were not victorious, they showed just how powerful they can be. I was really proud of the offense ( and my hubby that is the man in charge)!



Landon was getting in the spirit. This was during the school song. Everyone holds their finger up and waves it back and forth. It was so cute! I cannot remember what Reid was mad about. Probably because I hadn't fed him game food yet.

Getting ready for the second half. My boys love when they put blow the tiger up. The girls you see are the Tiger Dolls. They are a huge deal at MPHS. They are impressive to watch.


This was after a touchdown. #12 is the quarterback.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to sound so odd but I am trying to find out about Rison, Arkansas. We are moving there next month from out of town and I know nothing about it. I have tried to google things but there just isn't much. If you are from there or currently live there could I email you a few questions?

Amanda said...

Who is this???

Anonymous said...

I am sorry. I did a blog search on Rison to see if there was anyone who could tell me about the schools, area etc...we are due to move there in a couple of weeks and I know little about it.

Your blog was in the results and I thought I would ask.

I don't really want to put all my personal business on here. I could send you my email address if I could figure out how to do that on here.

I am just trying to make contact with someone from Rison to find out about the place. My husband will be working on the arsenal. My kids will be going to school there, we just purchased a house and I know little about the place.

Anyways, that is the summary of it.

Amanda said...

I haven't lived there in 10 years. Couldn't really tell you much about it now. Why won't you leave your name?

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry! I guess it just came up in the search. Thanks anyways.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and my name is Lee. I am a mother of 4. I have had the hardest time trying to research anything about living in Rison.

Amanda said...

I grew up there. My family is from there, but places change. My sister-in-law works at the school. I love the superintendent! He was a principal there years ago and just came back. It is a small town steeped in football tradition. Just hope your kids don't get Mrs. Stuckey. A little bit of bad blood there!

Blessings All Mine said...

I'm LOLing about your Mrs. Stuckey comment! The reason nothing came up on google is b/c NOTHING IS THERE! haha. But it's home and that's why we moved back, I guess. I love the superintendent, too!

Les said...

ROTFLMBO!

thanks4all- move to White Hall. It's closer to the arsenal anyway.

Anonymous said...

I can't. We already bought a house in Rison. Are there sports or dance or anything for the kids in Rison or a nearby area? Also, where does everyone grocery shop? Thanks!

Amanda said...

You have to drive to Pine Bluff to get everything....or Monticello.

Anonymous said...

What are the grocery store chains called around there? I know there is a walmart but is there anything else? Kroger, Publix...

Amanda said...

I think there is a Brookshire's. We always shopped at County Market. Not sure if that is still there. If it is it may not be called that anymore. There is a grocery store in Rison, but prices are marked up and most only use it to get a few things. How old are your kids?